About HOPE in Motion:
At HOPE Family Services, we provide essential services to local survivors of domestic violence free of charge to help them stay safe, gain strength and evaluate their options. The COVID-19 pandemic has created new circumstances where the safety of survivors and their children may be further compromised. During this unprecedented time, it has been reported that domestic violence has increased by 25%+. Our virtual event, HOPE in Motion, was created in response to the increased acts of intimate partner violence and in support of the victims and survivors in Manatee County.
The Inaugural HOPE in Motion Challenge will begin on October 1st and run through the entire month of October, Domestic Violence Awareness Month. You can participate in this virtual event from anywhere, individually, or as part of a team. We are asking participants to just move, whether it's walking, running, jogging, biking, doing yoga, or even just strolling with your dog. Each step taken helps to raise awareness while supporting our goal of bringing services to those who need it the most.
Take Steps for Domestic Violence Survivors!
STEPS TO PARTICIPATE
STEP 1: REGISTER NOW THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30TH
- Registration is $40 per participant.
- The first 300 participants registered with will receive a HOPE in Motion “swag bag” which will include a Domestic Violence Awareness month shirt.
- Sign up as an individual or add to the fun by forming a team and challenging others to some friendly competition.
STEP 2: SET YOUR STEP & FUNDRAISING GOALS
- We are encouraging each participant to raise funds with an individual goal of just $75. All funds raised from this event will go to support services for battered women and their children.
- Set a personal step goal and invite family, friends, co-workers, exercise buddies, etc. to participate or support you to raise much-needed funds and awareness.
- Each week we will celebrate the “step” and fundraising leaders!
STEP 3: GET READY TO TRACK YOUR STEPS FROM OCTOBER 1ST-31ST
There are three ways to track your progress:
1. Download the free Charity Footprints App
2. Sync your fitness device (Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin, Google Fit, Misfit, Strava) OR just use your health app on your iPhone.
3. Manually enter your miles on your event page. (See step conversion chart below)
STEP 4: GET MOVING AND SHARE YOUR STORY
- Connect with your social network to help raise awareness and reach your fitness and fundraising goals.
- Share your progress regularly on social media by posting pictures and short videos to spread the word.
- We encourage you to share photos on your social media pages wearing your HOPE in Motion t-shirt or something purple to help spread awareness during Domestic Violence Awareness Month!
- Make sure to tag us (@hopefamilyservices) and use #HOPEinMotion2020.
Remember Because of YOU, There is HOPE!